Friday, August 30, 2013

Where to Buy Non-Traditional Engagement Rings

I grew up in a small town in the south. My family didn't have money, nor did any of my friends' families. Some of us really grasped the frugal lifestyle and some of us didn't. I know several individuals from my graduating class that proposed to their girlfriends with engagement rings with huge stones, at least a half-year's pay. I think my favorite one, though, was my best friend, who took her husband to the jewelry counter at a store in the mall and pointed out a gem with a tiny, cute butterfly on it. The butterfly was made of beautifully set Peridot stones, a deeper more lustrous green than you usually see. They're both August babies, so it was a shared birthstone. “That's what I want you to propose with,” she said.

Now, they'd already talked about getting married, being rational and thoughtful folk, but JT wanted to wait until he got a better paying job to propose. He wanted to get her something big and fancy, to show he could take care of her. She still caught him by surprise that day, though, and he finally popped the question a few months later, with that little butterfly ring.

When seeking an engagement ring always remember that she is saying yes to you not just the ring. Traditions are a wonderful thing but often times being non-traditional is the essence of being crazy in love with someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment